Monday, January 3, 2011

Adjusting

Two days in and I realize that the biggest adjustment to being back at home is getting used to Rhys being mobile. When we left he was still just walking along walls and couldn't really pull himself up on his own. Now he is pretty much running and into EVERYTHING! It is going to take a while to figure out what he can get into and start Rhys-proofing everything.

It feels good to be home. To sit on my couch and watch my TV and sleep in my own bed. I am not sure if Declan is having a hard time adjusting because he keeps coming to our room at 3:00am and crawling into bed with us. Other than that he seems to be pretty happy to back at home with his own toys.

My favorite part at the moment is our heated bathroom floor. There is nothing better than getting out of the shower and stepping on a warm bathmat. I love it.

I get my big test tomorrow in fatherhood. Andrea is leaving for Vancouver for 4 days so I am going to be a single dad for a bit. I am terrified but excited at the same time. I have never had the boys for so long on my own and I am unsure as to how everyone is going to handle it. Pizza party here we come!

I am sure that we will survive and I will develop a new appreciation for single parents everywhere. If no one hears from me in a couple of days however, please send help.

No comments: