Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Conundrum

I want to thank everyone who has given me feedback regarding my blog. I haven't been as diligent as I should be with updating it but I am trying hard to do so. Please don't hesitate to send comments in the blog itself either!

________________________________

In continuing with the holiday theme I am wondering what everyone is getting their kids this year? I have been having the hardest time trying to figure out what to get Rhys because he really just plays with all of the toys that we have for Declan. Anyone got any hot leads on the must have toy for 16 month old boys? So far we have purchased some toy cars and some clothes but I am really lost here.

It's funny to think of some of the hot toys that have come and gone over the years! I remember when the Cabbage Patch kid phenomenon came and went back when I was a kid. Both my sisters got them one year for Christmas and I swear my parents/Santa were seen as heroes for that Christmas. Tickle Me Elmo, Furby and Robosaurus all come to mind not to mention Atari 2600, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega, Playstation et al.

It must have been so much easier when we were kids. There were only a handful of toys out there that were must haves and I think expectations were a bit more manageable. In this day and age it is pretty much expected that kids are going to get what they want no matter the price which is kind of scary.

I am terrified thinking about the day that Declan or Rhys ask for something that I think is unreasonable. Am I going to break their hearts on Christmas Morning or will I crack?

No comments: