Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes!

We have had an early arrival! Rhys Michael Carroll was born on August 4th and 1:29am. He weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz and was almost 2 weeks early. He is a gorgeous little gorgeous little guy and I am convinced that he looks a little like me this time. We are going through the normal sleep deprived nights that we had with Declan but Rhys seems to be a bit better adjusted to sleeping which is nice. He gives us 3 to 4 hours at a time which is wonderful!

The big difference now is that we have a 2 year old as well as a newborn. I could not be any more proud of how Declan has handled this massive change to his world. He is now sleeping in a big boy bed, which we call the Spider Man bed because of his sheets, and has been great at going up without much fuss.

Because of the band, I am out quite a bit at night and one of the things that I have always loved doing before I leave is putting Declan to bed. We have had to modify it a bit now and I go to bed with him for a while and sing with him or read him a story, but mainly we just lay there. This week I still had a full beard and while he was going off to sleep he was gently rubbing my beard which was so relaxing I almost fell asleep.

Last night when I got in I went to check on him and he was curled up in his bed with his teddy close to his face. He was actually rubbing his teddy’s ear against his nose. I noticed he does that when he is sleepy or when he is just waking up. It is possibly one of the cutest things I have seen him do (other than kissing his baby brother and telling him that he loves him).

We are definitely changing gears as a family now as we try and juggle bringing up two little guys. I am looking forward to all of the things that we did with Declan and I am sure some new adventures. I am also so excited to see how this helps Declan’s development as he continues to grow. He is such a well adjusted little guy. More to come!

No comments: